Best headset for podcasting : In this article, we show you 3 options for the best headset for podcasting. Of course, »best« is in the eye of the beholder.
The Audio-Technica BPHS1 is a very classic podcasting headset that offers the best price-to-performance ratio.
The beyerdynamic MMX 300 is a great headset that is also very well suited for long gaming sessions but it also comes with a higher price tag.
The Pyjamas Pro Gamer Bundle is a very popular choice for Twitch streamers. Of course, this bundle also works superbly for podcasting.
1. Audio-Technica BPHS1
The Audio-Technica BPHS1 is a very popular choice for podcasting. It does not look fancy but offers a good performance for the price.
- Great crisp sound
- Top notch mic
- Very comfortable
- Requires a fancy audio setup
2. beyerdynamic MMX 300
The beyerdynamic MMX 300 is a very minimalistic designed headset. No LEDs, no fancy stuff, just pure quality.
- Sound is great!
- Sound is not flat but isn’t v-shaped either. There is a slight bass boost but the mids and highs are still present and clear
- Comfy headset
- No user guide to get you started
- They dropped the USB adapter from the original MMX 300
- This is a stereo headset, no gimmicks like surround sound
3. Blue Blackout Yeti + Lola Black Ninjas in Pyjamas Pro Gamer BundlePyjamas Pro Gamer Bundle
The Blue Blackout Yeti + Lola Black Ninjas in Pyjamas Pro Gamer Bundle is a very decent bundle of a headset and an extra microphone. The price tag is quite high but you cannot go wrong with this one.
- Microphone works great
- The ear pads fit most ears well enough to cover most background sound
- The sound from the headphones is VERY nice
- The knobs are very tight and need a good amount of pressure to turn, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing
All in all, we shows you 3 options for a podcasting headset. All come with a slightly different twist when it comes to use cases. Normally, one of the three should fit your podcasting purpose.