1. Best price-performance ratio headset[amazon bestseller=”headset xbox under 50″ max=”1″]
2. Razer Electra V2
The Razer Electra V2 is just a little bit higher priced than 50. The reason for this is the good reputation of Razer among gamers. The sound quality is very good but the microphone could be better. If you are a solo gamer, then this headset is for you. If you are mostly a group player, then choose a different solution.
- Amazing sound quality and noise canceling effect for the price
- Any noise outside my my office is pretty much blocked
- The ear cushioning is very comfortable and seems to grip fairly well
- The cable is OK, but not braided (which is expected from a razor product)
- When you disconnect the mic, there is not a built in mic so it turns off the ability to speak
- The adjustable band is tension based and you cannot set it to a specific size. Meaning if you have a large head, the headset will grip your head and start to retract up against the bottom of your ears.
- Microphone is usable, but Razer offers much better ones on more expensive headsets
3. PDP Xbox One LVL50 Headset
The PDP Xbox One LVL50 Headset is a
- Very comfortable and lightweight
- Microphone is great but make sure you boost the sensitivity in the PS4 setting or else the mic will be too low and no one will hear you.
- Audio quality is very good, bass boost sounds great as well
- For the price you can not go wrong
- PS4 does not recognize that the headset is turned off and release the audio to the TV
4. HyperX CloudX Stinger Core
The HyperX CloudX Stinger Core is a popular choice for gaming on Xbox. HyperX itself is a well-known brand nowadays.
If you’re a casual gamer who plays games when you have free time, definitely invest in this product. If you find that gaming is beyond a hobby, then maybe consider buying a more expensive set.
- Cheap price for headphones
- Ear pieces are soft foam which feels pretty good
- Sound and microphone is good
- Impressive at cancelling outside noise
- Inability to increase to a loud volume
- Two wires from each speaker, one wire would have been easier to handle
5. HyperX Cloud Stinger
Last but not least and the most popular gaming headset is the HyperX Cloud Stinger. It has over 2600 customer reviews and offers one of the best performance under 50.
- Most of the parts are plastic, but it’s very well molded and looks great
- Very comfortable to wear for hours on end. They give enough pressure so that you can hear well, but not so much that it squeezes my head and causes me to sweat
- The speakers are surprisingly good. Certainly not audiophile headphones, but the speakers have a very wide range, and respond to both bass and treble very well
- Mic quality is again rather good for the price
- On-ear volume adjuster could be could be of better quality. As you adjust the volume, it does not adjust evenly on both sides. Then again, the ear adjuster is mainly for a bit of fine-tuning on the fly. If possible, leave the ear slider wide open and adjust predominately on your device.
Concluding, there are several solutions for a Xbox gaming headset under 50 that suit the purpose of most hobby gamers. Especially the HyperX Cloud Stinger is a solution for everybody who just wants a gaming headset that performs and not think about it too much.
Of course, if you are gaming long hours on you Xbox a higher priced solution might be better for your purposes.