Best turtle beach headset for PS4: The Turtle Beach Corporation is a global gaming accessory manufacturer based in San Diego. It produces gaming headsets for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices (including tablets). The company has roots dating back to the 1970s where it developed sound cards, MIDI synthesizers, and various audio software packages and network audio devices.
The company began making gaming headsets in 2005 and created the first ever gaming headset for game consoles with the launch of the X51.
Best turtle beach headset for PS4
So, let’s come to the best turtle beach headset for PS4. In fact, there is no best turtle beach headset. Therefore, we show you two options: First, the high-end headset and secondly, the inexpensive allrounder headset.
High-End: Turtle Beach flagship headset: Ear Force Elite 800
One of the most popular gaming headsets is the HyperX Cloud Stinger. It has over 2600 customer reviews and offers one of the best performance under 50.
- Realistic Surround Sound
- Noise Cancelling and seal around your ear
- Easy Setup
- Optical in and Out
- Nice and easy to use charging cradle
- Lots of sound options: Full and mostly realistic bass sound
- There is audible feedback when you press buttons to change settings on the head phones
- Bluetooth allows you to have the freedom of not having to connect to your controller
- They are larger and heavier than your might expect
- The USB and Optical Cables have to be connected in order for it to work. Probably not Turtle Beaches fault. Not sure why Playstation does not simply allow you to use any bluetooth headset with their system.
- On-ear volume adjuster could be could be of better quality. As you adjust the volume, it does not adjust evenly on both sides. Then again, the ear adjuster is mainly for a bit of fine-tuning on the fly. If possible, leave the ear slider wide open and adjust predominately on your device.
Inexpensive allrounder: Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Wireless Headset
The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 wireless headset is also specially designed for gaming on PS4. It comes with a mixed reputation regarding durability and a relatively high price tag. However, the sound of the headset is excellent.
- Fantastic Sound when working, Incredibly impressive sound cancellation
- Mic is great at only picking up your voice and not background
- Super human hearing [on/off]
Really enhances the ambient sounds such as vehicles, foot steps & distant shots you would normally have to listen closely to hear
- Noise cancellation [on/off]
Helps immerse your gaming experience. Especially if you have noise around you while gaming.
- Blue tooth [connect to your phone, listen to music while gaming, answer calls]
- Separate volume controls for game & chat
- Charges with the same cable as your ps4 controller [can use them while charging]
- Software & tune your sound settings via pc or the app
- Occasionally cuts out giving loud feedback
- Feedback chance increases after 10 feet
- Battery life of ~5 hours which is fine for casuals but not hardcore gamers
- Does not charge and perform at the same time
- Durability of the headset itself. They are so light weight that I suspect they will not have the longevity of other models
- Limited range between headphones and transmitter. Once you leave the room with the headphones and they lose line of sight with transmitter signal is lost.