When it comes to VR gaming, you definitely need to invest quite a sum in order to get a real VR headset. If you only want to buy a VR headset under 100, then you need to deal with VR headsets that work via your smartphone, not an integrated screen.
1. BNEXT VR Headset for iPhone & Android
The BNEXT VR Headset for iPhone & Android is also a good choice for a VR headset. It is not as popular as the DESTEK one but it also is worth a consideration.
- Adjustable straps
- Tool to make sure phone is centered
- Works with most phones (iPhone 7, Galaxy s8)
- FD and OD adjustments
- Phone needs to be out of the case when using
- Doesn’t have built in headphones, but there is space to put headphones in
2. Canbor VR Headset with Controller Remote
- Especially with the remote control and adjustable lenses
- Room for glasses
- The control felt good. No loose rattling buttons. Decent thumb joystick.
- Feels cheaper than the DESTEK
- Face cushion is particularly low quality, though not uncomfortable
3. Samsung HMD Odyssey+
(costs over 100 but worth it!)
The Samsung HMD Odyssey+ VR headset is the only real VR headset with integrated VR screens that is affordable. It costs over 100 but comes with 3K anti-SDE AMOLED displays (2880×1600). Furthermore, it comes with built-in AKG headphones w/360O spatial Sound and Mic.
- Best image quality
- Cost, buy it on sale if you can catch that $299 price again
- Light and relatively comfortable
- Tracking is pretty rock solid for the limited things I have tried
- Physical setup is a breeze. No external sensors or cameras needed
- Field of view is not improved, it still looks like you’re pushing your head through a porthole
- Controllers are “clunky” compared to Oculus Touch
- SDE is WAY better than any other device. It still lacks that crispness of a phone screen or a monitor
- Quite expensive