Best gaming laptop under 1000: In this article, we show you 3 options for the best gaming laptop under 1000. The first option is the Acer Predator Helios 300, the second the Lenovo Legion Y7000 and last but definitely not least, the ASUS ROG gaming laptop.
1. Acer Predator Helios 300
The Acer Predator Helios 300 has over 500 customer reviews. Therefore it is quite a popular gaming laptop.
- Insane performance per dollar. Maxing out stuff like Diablo 3, WoW, Overwatch, DOOM, Various Source engine games (TF2, Halflife 2, black mesa, etc) will be butter smooth. This is a near-desktop replacement device.
- One of the best non mechanical keyboards. Great travel distance and key responsiveness
- Lighter than expected. It’s not an ultra-thin notebook, but very travel friendly.
- Premium Feel
- Gorgeous Display. It’s a 144 Hz IPS display. It’s gorgeous. There is some lightbleed when displaying almost all black screens, but that’s expected. Not going to count that as a con.
- It can get warm, to the point of discomfort near the WSAD keys, which I assume the GPU is located internally. I turned on the coolboost feature or whatever its called and this helped.
- Bloatware. Took about 5 minutes to remove, but nobody likes bloatware.
- Drivers out of box are a joke. My network performance was horrible until several driver installs and windows updates completed. Drivers are extremely out of date (8+ months old) out of box.
2. The Lenovo Legion Y7000
- Great graphics. Easily handles 60 FPS at maxed our graphics
Fast processing – everything, every game, every site, everything loads in a blink.
- Enough storage. 1 TB for all your games
- Slim, light (5 pounds!), and quiet
- Runs several programs jointly with no slow down or fan use
perfect for storing games
- Sound speakers can play extremely loud
- Multiple USB ports for gaming
- First, the keyboard. The keys have a mushy, soft, unresponsive feel.
- Speaking of the battery, I could only get two hours of life out of a charge.
3. ASUS ROG Gaming Laptop
- It’s a great gaming machine
- Good for editing videos or photos
- You can wirelessly link to smart TVs
- It is actually beautiful if you like carbon fiber look
- Keyboard lights up different colors
- Asus power adjustment software
- No front camera
- An average mic
- »Only« 60 Hz monitor