Best over ear headphones working out:
Best over ear headphones working out: Top 3
1. JLab Audio Flex Sport Gym Workout Headphones
The JLab Audio Flex Sport Gym Workout Headphones is the best choice for sporty workouts.
- The sound quality is decent and you don’t have to blast them to isolate yourself from the music playing at the gym.
- When you put the “tight” band on, you can run with them and they won’t move, it’s actually pretty liberating to know they won’t move when running
- The Bluetooth connection is flawless, it just works.
- They are sweatproof, without a doubt.
- The battery lasts a while and it tells you the level when you turn them on
- They charge with USB-C, something to note as you probably have a gazillion USB micro cables lying around that won’t work with this
- The bands that apply pressure snap off easily, it has happened to me that mid-workout the band has snapped from one of the sides, an annoyance.
- Lowering the volume or pausing is annoying as the button is not as responsive or immediate
- The material for the headphone itself is “sticky” so if you put these on your gym backpack they’ll pick us the dust/debris on your backpack like a magnet.
2. TREBLAB Z2 – Ultra Premium Over Ear Wireless Headphones
The Anker Soundcore Life Q20 is a good choice for casual workout.
- Very comfortable & lightweight
- Great battery life
- Good Build quality
- If noise cancellation is important to you, these may not be the choice to go with
3. Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless
The Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless is a good choice for casual listeners.
- The noise cancellation is pretty much unbeatable
- Very comfortable
- Easy to pack
- Battery life is good. Not the best but, not even close to the worst
- Bluetooth connects easily and quickly. The range isn’t insane but, not bad
- The “your battery is running low” warning makes the last few hours you could get out of them, pretty much useless.
- 2.5mm jack. No standard studio uses 2.5mm jack. 3.5mm and 1/4″ are the standard.