Best PCs under 300: For the casual computer user a PC under 300 totally makes sense. Nowadays, there are great options to choose from. Basically, you can choose between a mini PC with lower but good enough performance or you can choose a refurbished normal PC with great performance even for gaming.
So it really depends on your preferences. There is the W5 Pro Mini PC Intel Atom Z8350 that looks like a bigger USB Stick. This is your whole computer. The performance is enough for most people. There is also the Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF Computer Desktop PC that comes with a keyboard and a mouse. This one has an Intel i5 included and incredible also 16 GB Ram for that price. Therefore, with Dell, you can even play some computer games. For serious gaming, you should buy a decent GPU and replace it, though. (Best PCs under 300)
ACEPC T8 Fanless Mini PC
- Solid build: It has a sturdy enough plastic shell, which should be more than enough to protect the insides from damage under normal use.
- Portable: The entire PC is roughly the size of a piece of thick-sliced bread, so you should have no problems finding room for it in your travel bag. If you want, you would even be able to carry it in the back pocket of your jeans. It is even really light in weight, so it wouldn’t weigh down anymore than a full wallet.
- Comes with every plug necessary to properly connect devices. A USB 2.0 and a USB 3.0 port on the side, a microSD slot on the same side as well (all of which can be used to either transfer files or add additional space to the 32GBs that comes pre-installed), a microUSB port on the back, as well as an audio jack and an ethernet port.
- Very quiet. No fan means no noise and it doesn’t even get hot at all.
- Can do a lot. Yes, it is limited in what it can do, which is to be expected considering it is a $120 mini PC. If you expect to be able to play top quality video games, then this isn’t the product, nor the price range for you. That being said, according to canyourunit, the GPU is able to meet the minimum requirements of 30% of the top 7,000 PC games and the recommended requirements of 9% of the top 7,000 PC games, which is better than I would have expected. On top of that, it can easily do all of the basics, such as surfing the web, watching videos, checking email, and doing schoolwork.
- This is not Wifi ac compatible, but you can buy an external ac adapter and just plug it in via the USB port, or you can just use a wired connection via LAN. One side note, if you connect it to a TV, it is likely that some of the edges will be cropped out. This can be easily fixed by turning off overscan in your television settings. If there is no overscan option on your TV, then you can adjust the screen on the PC, via the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel after you update it to the latest version.
W5 Pro Mini PC Intel Atom Z8350
- It’s a pretty convenient (and cheap) way of streaming Xbox in another room of your house without buying a second expensive PC
- Very satisfying performance.
- Extremely small
- Comes with Windows
- Does not overheat even after using for 8 hours straight
- Some latency here and there
- Good price for the performance
HP 8300 Elite Small Form Factor Desktop Computer
- i5 CPU in this machine is still plenty fast
- 8GB of RAM is also nice especially this cheap
- Even gaming is possible
- Windows license included
- Pretty old hard drive. Better replace that with a cheap SSD
- This is a refurbished version, therefore cheaper but basically second-hand
ACEPC AK2 Mini PC Intel Celeron J3455
- Intel Celeron J3455 – Quad Core (4 cores)
- Ability to add 2TB Internal Hard drive storage.
- 4GB RAM, 64GB Flash Storage.
- Only uses 15 Watts or less when idle.
- Can be use as NAS.
- I/O Specifications: Designed with 2 x USB 2.0 ports,2 x USB 3.0 ports ,1 x Gigabit Ethernet port,1 x Micro SD Card port,2 x HDMI port support Dual Display.
- Can even play 4K videos due to the Intel Celeron
- Could be a little bit cheaper
Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF Computer Desktop PC
- Comes with cheap monitor options you can choose from
- Good performance due to Intel i5 and 16 GB RAM
- Comes with mouse and keyboard
- Affordable and very sufficient
- GPU could be better
- This is a refurbished version, therefore it is basically second-hand