If you are really into playing games on the PS4, then you certainly want an excellent sound solution for your experience. In this article, I show you the best sounding headsets for PS4.
1. Best price-performance ratio Headset
The following headset is the headsets with the best price-performance ratio. It’s also the best selling headsets für PS4 gaming on platforms like Amazon or Ebay. Best price-performance ratio doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best sounding headset but this headsets suits the most gamers. If you want better solutions, then read further.[amazon bestseller=”Headset PS4″ max=”1″]
2. Sony PlayStation Platinum Wireless Headset
The Sony PlayStation Platinum wireless headset is specially designed for gaming on PS4. It’s the official headset from Sony for that purpose. There is also a Gold and a White Edition that are cheaper and not necessarily as good as the Platinum Edition.
- 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound
- 3D Audio for PS4 games that fully support 3D audio
- Connects wirelessly to your PS4 and personal computer.
- Companion app from PlayStation Store to tune your headset with audio modes
- Connection is solid (within 20 feet line of sight)
- Volume is loud, both game sound and chat
- Microphone appears to be clear. No complaints from other players yet.
- Setup is quick and effortless
- Good battery life. 6 hours on partial charge.
- Bass is really lacking. Even with the bass adjustment all the way up, the sound quality was mediocre.
- No tension adjustment. It is a tad too tight for my big head.
- Volume adjustment is slow. If a troll comes along and starts blasting their mic, it’s quicker to rip off your headset.
- USB dongle blinks when not connected to device. (may annoy you when not using the headset) Edit: it blinks for about 30 seconds and then stops blinking.
3. The HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset
- The HyperX Cloud II also comes in two colors: red and grey
- Detachable Microphone
- TeamSpeak Certified – Voice Chat Optimized
- Compatible with PC , Xbox One , Xbox One S, PS4 , PS4 Pro, Mac, Mobile and VR
- Sound quality for music playback is good. A little too much bass, but overall good
- Sound quality for WebEx is excellent. Voices are clear
- Comfortable to wear for long periods of time. They come with two type of ear pads
- They block out noise. When playing music, they totally block the outside world.
- Look cool
- The wire easily gets twisted
- Cable is short. The cable for the 3.5mm connector is about 3ft long.
- They come with a USB cable with a built in sound card. This is terrible. The sound quality is good, however, the mic is useless when using this cable. Mic is ok when you plug in using the 3.5mm connector.
4. Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Wireless Headset
The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 wireless headset is also specially designed for gaming on PS4. It comes with a mixed reputation regarding durability and a relatively high price tag. However, the sound of the headset is excellent.
- Fantastic Sound when working, Incredibly impressive sound cancellation
- Mic is great at only picking up your voice and not background
- Super human hearing [on/off]
Really enhances the ambient sounds such as vehicles, foot steps & distant shots you would normally have to listen closely to hear
- Noise cancellation [on/off]
Helps immerse your gaming experience. Especially if you have noise around you while gaming.
- Blue tooth [connect to your phone, listen to music while gaming, answer calls]
- Separate volume controls for game & chat
- Charges with the same cable as your ps4 controller [can use them while charging]
- Software & tune your sound settings via pc or the app
- Occasionally cuts out giving loud feedback
- Feedback chance increases after 10 feet
- Battery life of ~5 hours which is fine for casuals but not hardcore gamers
- Does not charge and perform at the same time
- Durability of the headset itself. They are so light weight that I suspect they will not have the longevity of other models
- Limited range between headphones and transmitter. Once you leave the room with the headphones and they lose line of sight with transmitter signal is lost.
5. ASTRO Gaming A40 TR Headset
The ASTRO Gaming A40 TR Headset comes with an extra MixAmp Pro TR for PlayStation 4. This headset is probably the best sounding headset at the moment for PS4. It’s also the most expensive one, though.
- Headset has the best mic and audio quality for both PC and PS4.
- The mix amp is great and easy to use. You can connect it to any device with a 3.5mm jack port
- Only three cables for PS4 and two for PC, mic cable included.
- Comfortable. The cushions on the headset is decent
- Also comes with a port for streaming purposes
- Expensive, but the best build quality
- Software could use improvements. Maybe have profile sharing online for eq presets.
- Occasionally cuts out giving loud feedback
- Because its so expensive, you have to really protect and take care of this headset
In conclusion, If you have enough money for the best sounding gaming solution, then pick the ASTRO Gaming A40 TR Headset and you are ready to go. If money is a constraint, then choose between the Turtle Beach, HyperX and the PlayStation headsets. If you are in doubt, pick the official Sony PlayStation model. Last but not least, if money is a real constraint and you want a good enough solution, then choose the best seller which is normally not that expensive.