Best laptop under 400: In this article, we show you three options for the Best laptop under 400. Two come as a Windows laptop, one as a ChromeOS laptop. If you are interested in gaming, then the Lenovo Ideapad 15.6″ might suit you best.
If you want to work and watch movies, then the Dell Inspiron 14 2 In 1 Laptop 14″ is best for you. If you just want to work with your laptop and have a nice touchscreen, then the Lenovo Chromebook C330 suits you.
1. Lenovo Ideapad 15.6″
The Lenovo Ideapad 15.6″ is quite a cheap laptop. It’s hard to find decent gaming laptops a price of under 500. The Lenovo Ideapad 15.6″ is fast enough for low-resolution gaming.
- Nice, sleek finish
- Seems very sturdy/well-made
- Doesn’t come with bloatware, except McAfee
- The processor is quite fast, especially considering this is a 360 dollars laptop
- A LOT of manufacturers overlook this, … but you can flip the laptop open with just one hand. This sounds minuscule, but in practice, it’s VERY nice you can after dealing with ones where the base just lifts up with the tension of opening
- The is RAM is soldered in. You cannot easily upgrade to more than 8 GB
2. Dell Inspiron 14 2 In 1 Laptop 14″
The Dell Inspiron 14 2 In 1 Laptop 14″ only has about 20 customer reviews. Therefore, it is also not a very well-known option. This laptop is more for casual gamers. The tablet mode is a gimmick. You can spin the screen all the way around and use this as a writing pad.
- Screen is really excellent
- Responsive, comfortable keyboard and touchpad
- Fit and finish of the manufacture is of good quality
- High definition screen really is the centerpiece of this laptop
- Ratio of price to quality is wonderful
- Laptop is a little heavy
- Speakers on this Inspirion are typical laptop speakers, not so good
- Pin and Barrel connector seems risky that any bumping of the adapter when plugged into the laptop has the possibility of damaging the connector or its connection to the board
3. Lenovo Chromebook C330
The Lenovo Chromebook C330 is a Chromebook. This means that does not run with Windows but with ChromeOS. ChromeOS is for laptops that do not offer that much of processing power. This laptop comes with a touchscreen which is pretty nice at this price level.
- Solid build. Nice sturdy plastic chassis. (Keeps it lightweight)
- USB type C port, SD card slot, HDMI, and USB 3.0
- Touchscreen with an IPS display
- 4 GB of RAM
- Nice feel to the keyboard and track pad.
- ARM processor that is optimized for the Google play store apps and runs much better than the Intel celerons you see in most low-end Chromebooks
- 1366×768 still looks sharp on an 11.6 in screen but it would be super sharp if it was 1080p
- 64 GB of storage is pretty low