When you are searching for a new computer monitor, then often people think of wanting the best computer monitor available. Regarding «best», of course, there are several interpretations of what «best» means for different people.
In this article, I show you a hopefully compelling list of computer monitors that are the best in their category. The first is the price-performance ratio, second an absolute best but expensive, third the excellent but affordable, fourth the best monitor for an immersive experience and fifth the quite cheap good enough gaming solution.
#1 Best Seller for Computer Monitor
The first example is the monitor with the best price-performance ratio. Those monitors are often the best selling monitors on platforms like Amazon or Ebay. Therefore, I display the current best selling computer monitor. This monitor suits most people and delivers good specifications for a decent price.[amazon bestseller=”Computer Monitor” max=”1″]
2. Absolute best computer monitor
ASUS 4K 144Hz ROG Swift PG27UQ 27″
The ASUS PG27UQ is one of the best gaming monitor money can buy at the moment. This comes with a price, though. This monitor offers almost everything a gamer can dream of and therefore suits as reference.
- Great and accurate colors
- True HDR. Vibrant screen
- Great blacks for an IPS
- 4k and refresh rate are top notch
- No noticeable motion blur
- Very nice design
- Size is only 27″ if you like bigger screens
- IPS Glow from light sources in HDR in dark scenes
- Fan can be noisy
- Power consumption is relatively high
- Height adjustment is limited
3. Excellent but affordable Monitor
LG 4K UHD IPS Monitor with FreeSync
The LG 4K UHD is available in 24-Inch and 27-Inch. Both are much cheaper and affordable than the ASUS PG27UQ. But this monitor only comes with 60 Hz which is the main caveat. Therefore, this monitor suits many gamers that want a good gaming monitor but not pay that much money.
- 4K UHD resolution
- 10 bit color (8+A-FRC)
- S-IPS panel (great viewing angles)
- 99%+ sRGB (measured as NTSC 72%) gamut.
- Freesync (only works with AMD cards as of now)
- 5ms on an IPS panel
- Black stabilizer setting, can bring out the details in certain dark images.
- HDCP 2.2
- Only 60hz
- Only 3 inputs, 2 HDMI and 1 display-port (would have liked 1 more display-port)
- Has an anti-glare coating (it’s not very aggressive like some I’ve seen, but still can cause slight distortion when viewed from above/below at extreme angles)
- At 250 cd/m2 it’s not on the high end of peak brightness, but not bad either
4. Monitor for an immersive experience
LG 34UC79G-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide
The LG 34UC79G-B is a gaming monitor that suits many gamers. It has the right prospects like 4K UHD, 144 Hz, and 34-Inch. This monitor is quite big and gamers should have space for it.
It’s a very competitively designed display that not only looks good but delivers on the best balance of performance, features, and price. Hard to go wrong with this one.
- Menu is the best and easiest you will ever use. Super quick and responsive, tons of controls
- The stand is amazing. very high quality and allows height adjustment with tilt
- Display-port picture quality is as expected (be careful what cable you use, not all display-port cables are built the same)
- You can control some settings for the monitor through your PC with LG app (works through display cable, USB cable not required)
- Is VESA compatible
- 144 Hz
- HDMI stuck at 60hz
- Black stabilizer menu is not in the LG app along with a few other must have adjustments (more of a sad let down than a con)
- You have to use the right displayport cable. It must be a high grade proper displayport cable or this monitor will give you all kinds of motion blur and fuzzy images that will give you a headache and make you think the monitor is no good, text will not be clear
- No speakers, cheaper LG ultrawides have speakers and this comes with none which is kinda crazy
- VESA mount is terrible, it is sunken in and NO they do not have/sell or offer any adapter on any level for you to squeeze and mount in there. Go to your local hardware store and get special spacers and longer mounting screws to solve this problem
5. Good enough gaming monitor
MSI Full HD Non-Glare 1ms 144Hz
- Monitor looks great and comes with an HDMI, Display Port and USB hub cable.
- The stand is metal and is easy to install by hand, no tools needed.
- Curved display looks great.
- 144 Hz
- Only FullHD, not 4K UHD
- Sometimes comes with a dead pixel