Best Over Ear Headphones under 100: In this article we show you the 5 best over ear headphones under 100. One is especially for gamers, one is for TV watching, one is wireless and two are quite universal.
Logitech G430 7.1
The Logitech G430 7.1 headset is an extremely popular choice among gamers. It has over 5000 customer reviews on Amazon and almost 800 answered questions. Of course, the durability is limited in comparison to a headphone that costs 300. All in all, it’s a solid choice when you need a microphone and when you are fine with a cable.
- Very high quality audio; surprisingly good.
- Durable (3 years)
- Above average mic for a headset
- 7.1 surround sound is almost alien like (it’s so accurate and sensitive)
- Ear cushions are incredibly comfortable for long hour gaming sessions.
- The mic is incredibly decent for a 40 dollar headset. It gives a very crisp sound and 90% of the time with no background noise (has automatic noise cancellation).
- The cord is long (about 6 feet) and is great for any setup whether you are looking for a home theatre for just yourself, or if you are looking for a really solid gaming experience.
- USB attachment plays your own voice back at you to counter act the noise cancellation (AUX jack does not)
- Mic is bendable
- The ear pads get dirty after 3 months but it can easily be hand washed.
- After 3 years the fabric on the earpads started to crack and peel
- Ear pads are quite warm
COWIN E7 PRO
The COWIN E7 PRO headphone is a good choice for casual listeners. It has over 3000 customer reviews on Amazon. Therefore, it is also a popular product. You can choose from several colours that are quite flashy.
- The sound is very decent.
- They are comfortable
- Cover the ears
- Easy to carry around
- Does not take long to be fully Charge
- Price you can’t beat it
- The build quality is absolutely amazing. Very high quality materials, and it looks great!
- The noise cancelling works very well.
- The battery life lasts all day.
- It comes with it’s own carrying case!
- No cable needed
- When the noise cancelling is enabled, the sound quality goes down a little bit.
- It does NOT come with a power adapter. It comes with a Micro USB cable, but no power brick to plug into the wall. So you have to bring your own.
- The volume control and play/skip buttons on the side of the ear-cuff are horrible!
- Somewhat cheap build materials leading to easy breaks
- Not very portable as the ‘arms’ of the headphones themselves don’t fold
The Audio-Technica ATH-M20x headphone is a good choice for casual listeners. It has over 1000 customer reviews on Amazon.
- Sound quality is excellent. Rich, warm tones with a balanced sound overall.
- Feels well made
- Good seal around ears
- Easy to adjust size
- Awesome that it comes with a plug adapter for different uses. Clicks in for a firm hold
- These headphones are $49.00, a pretty low price for headphones.
- The design of these headphones is simple, but some people might want a flashier or more futuristic design.
- Long cord
- The instructions that came with it are kind of confusing as it talks about how to fold it down.
- No noise cancelling
- If you are planning to wear these on an airplane or some other noisy place beware that these do not have the best noise cancelling. They have big ear cuffs that provide some natural noise cancelling, but do not have any real noise cancelling technology.
Avantree 40 hr APTX
The Avantree 40 hr APTXheadphone is an extremely popular choice. It has over 5000 customer reviews on Amazon. Great headphones: They work, they last, and they’re comfortable. And they’re a reasonable price. That’s a winning combination.
- Battery. Life: These things last forever. They do take a long time to charge (over 2 hours), but once fully charged, they last for 20+ hours (depending on how high the volume is and what you use them for, whether just music, or phone too).
- Comfort: They feel great. The headband is padded, and the over-ear pieces are large enough to encircle the ear without pressing on the ear itself.
- Connectivity: Connects easily and maintains connection reliably.
- Weight: They are quite light, which helps make them more comfortable (their weight doesn’t cause the headband to press too hard down on my head, which is especially noticeable when wearing them for long periods of time).
- Volume: These don’t get super loud. Maybe this was intentional to increase battery life?
- Weight/feel: These don’t feel super “high-end”.
The Avantree HT5009 headphone is not so well known option. They are quite expensive compared to the other headsets but they are worth it. This is a special version, especially for TV watching but they also can be used with a PC.
- They are comfortable to wear
- Produce clear sound
- Excellent battery life
- Very easy setup
- Sound is clear but not very loud
- Headphone batteries cannot be replaced