A good gaming headset doesn’t have to be expensive! In this article, you can read about the three best gaming headsets under 100 dollars.
1. SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless Headset
The SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless Headset is one of the best options you have for a gaming headset under 150. The aesthetics are very nice.
- Comfortable even with reading glasses on.
- Doesn’t cause discomfort after hours of playing
- Charge time lasts over 24 hours, you legit don’t have to charge this bad boy, even when you do, it only takes 3 hours max
- Mic sounds amazingly clear
- Wireless connection is superb with zero latency
- Great sound that you can tweak with the software
- Base EQ settings are not very good so they should make it known in the directions to absolutely change them and how to
- The knobs for volume adjustments are very easy to turn thus producing accidental volume adjustments
2. CORSAIR Void PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset
The CORSAIR Void PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset is a quite popular choice among gamers. It has over 1000 customer reviews on Amazon and almost 300 answered questions.
- They sound good. The 7.1 works fine.
- Better ergonomics than standard Void. Super comfortable.
- Slightly better range than standard Void Wireless
- Slightly better sound quality than standard Void Wireless
- Improved mic over standard void wireless
- Headset very good for gaming
- They’re also very sturdy-feeling.
- Especially for a wireless pair under $100.
- When turning on/off and muting or unmuting, it plays a tone in your headset, which is nice when using the buttons on the headphones
- The mic has a light indicator that turns red when you are muted so there is no guessing if you muted yourself or not
- Slightly heavy
- Highly recommend these headphones to a person who is buying it for gaming only but for those who want very high bass, this might not be an option.
- The headset does not come with the cradle as shown in some of the pictures. Not a big deal, though they should state that more clearly
3. The HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset
- The HyperX Cloud II also comes in two colors: red and grey
- Detachable Microphone
- TeamSpeak Certified – Voice Chat Optimized
- Compatible with PC , Xbox One , Xbox One S, PS4 , PS4 Pro, Mac, Mobile and VR
- Sound quality for music playback is good. A little too much bass, but overall good
- Sound quality for WebEx is excellent. Voices are clear
- Comfortable to wear for long periods of time. They come with two type of ear pads
- They block out noise. When playing music, they totally block the outside world.
- Look cool
- The wire easily gets twisted
- Cable is short. The cable for the 3.5mm connector is about 3ft long.
- They come with a USB cable with a built in sound card. This is terrible. The sound quality is good, however, the mic is useless when using this cable. Mic is ok when you plug in using the 3.5mm connector.