Best microphone on headset: When it comes to microphones on headsets then you should invest a little bit more money in order to get a decent sound quality.
Therefore, in this article, we show you the 4 options for the best microphone on headset. We will present the flagship headsets from well-known headset producers like Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, SteelSeries and Sennheiser.
A Beats by Apple or JBL headset might be more popular but is definitely not comparable to the presented headsets.
Best microphone on headset: Top 4
1. Audio-Technica flagship headset: BPHS1
The Audio-Technica BPHS1 is a very popular choice for podcasting. It does not look fancy but offers a good performance for the price.
- Great crisp sound
- Top-notch mic!
- Very comfortable
- Requires a fancy audio setup
2. beyerdynamic flagship headset: MMX 300
The beyerdynamic MMX 300 is a very minimalistic designed headset. No LEDs, no fancy stuff, just pure quality.
- The sound is great!
- Sound is not flat but isn’t v-shaped either. There is a slight bass boost but the mids and highs are still present and clear
- Comfy headset
- No user guide to get you started
- They dropped the USB adapter from the original MMX 300
- This is a stereo headset, no gimmicks like surround sound
3. SteelSeries flagship headset: Arctis Pro Wireless Gaming Headset
A top headset is the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless. In our opinion, it is the best looking headset of all gaming brands. But, of course, this is subjective.
- The sound quality is amazing! If you have speakers with optical exit, you can put that on your adapter and have sound on your headphone and your speakers
- The distance on which they work is amazing as well. You can go all around the house without losing connection and even the mic is great.
- Noise-canceling is very good. Others have to scream until you hear them, though.
- Chatmix ability lowers game and discord sound from the transmitter without leaving the game.
- Take calls when playing by connecting to your phone over Bluetooth
- The headset may not very comfy for people with big ears or big heads
- The joints between the cans and headpiece seem weak due to it being made of plastic. Better don’t drop it
- Very expensive
4. Sennheiser flagship headset: GSP 550
The Sennheiser GSP 550 is not so well-known in the gamer scene but much more in the podcasting scene. It’s definitely worth a look. For some people, they can get quite painful to wear after a while, though. Sound quality is, of course, extremely good.
- The materials look and feel durable, cleanly finished and well assembled. There were no burrs in the plastic or weird seam alignment to be found
- Superior sound quality. If you play FPS games, you know that sound location for events and other characters can be a critical aspect of play, and this set makes it very easy and intuitive to hear “where” things are going on in-game.
- It also works well for listening to music and podcasting
- After a while, they can get quite painful to wear
Conclusion: Best microphone on headset
Of course, there is no single best microphone on a headset. Sound and recording quality are always subjective to a certain point. However, the presented 4 options of a headset with a microphone are all of great quality! They are all not so well-known but quality needs no marketing.
If you really want a good microphone then you should consider those headsets but not so much Beats by Apple or JBL.